It would be possible that spending too much time studying, reading, solving problems, and pursuing other egghead activities might leave You a little light on social techniques. Here’s a scientific way to solve your dating problem.
In fact, many people find geeks interesting and even cute. So relax, there’s no Do not date sign printed on your forehead. dating is something that everybody does, so there’s no reason that a geek cant do It well.
Probably the biggest dating problem facing geeks would be Communication. Geeks tend to use too much technical jargon. In social settings, this gets worse because they tend to switch to sci-fi mode and lose non-geeks with their references to scenes from Star Wars or names from the planet Tatooine. So there: not everyone is into science fiction and video games.
Quite simply, this issue can be most effectively solved by the techniques of effective Communication. Effective Communication states that misunderstanding can be avoided if parties try to understand the person they are talking to, and try to picture their conversation from that other persons point of view.
When You talk to someone, a potential date, imagine if she will appreciate your geeky terms. What is she like, her background? What is she interested In? Try to picture your conversation through her eyes, and visualize how she would receive what youre saying.
Remember that In most communications, the actual words make up only 7 percent of the message, while the remaining 93% is non-verbal (body language, facial expression, eye contact, voice tone and quality). So be mindful of the messages You send.
Step 4: Take It Slow
date unhurriedly; take time In meeting people and asking more than one girl out on a date. Theres no need to dive into a deeper relationship with someone unless You have had the time to know each other better and to see if You are emotionally ready.
Step 5: Inject Variety
Don’t confine yourself to the usual dinner In a restaurant. Set up a date where one of You prepares a meal at home. Go outdoors for a picnic, kite flying, shopping for fresh produce, a fairground or carnival. Mix the routine with the adventurous venues, and You will have a wealth of diverse experiences and stories to share with your date.
Don’t confine yourself In dating from school or the neighborhood. There are many online dating services available, even for the geek In You. Visit a dating network for geeks like You interested In science, chemists, and biologists. Thats a good place to find a perfect match.
Step 6: Enjoy!
Enjoy the conversations that You are able to carry. Enjoy the busy weekends with several, interesting girls. Enjoy the places, activities and adventures that You embark In as You Go on a date. Enjoy the fact that You are getting good at dating.
Being a geek should not get In the way of dating. You simply have to attack It like a math problem that You happily tackle. Know the givens; understand the Unknown; and follow the procedure to solve the Unknown; and, Eureka! dating problem, solved!